Chief Electronic Engineer –
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Chief Electronic Engineer is responsible for the management of the Electronic department onboard to include all electronic equipment and communication/IT systems. The Chief Electronic Engineer will work closely with the IT leadership shore side and the Chief Electrical Engineer onboard.
- Responsible for the vessel’s Operating equipment, including but not limited to:
- Onboard satellite communication systems (C-band, KU-band, Inm-B, mini-M, Iridium)
- Internal communication systems (Telephone PBX/DECT, PA system, UHF system)
- Computer hardware (Servers, Workstations, LAN, Wireless etc.) and software (Exchange, Fidelio/Infogenesys Micros, Amos4W, Bluetooth, Ships specific systems)
- Emergency radio communication systems (GMDSS)
- Internal emergency and safety systems (GA, Fire Central, Fireman patrol system)
- Low Level Lightning, Talk-Back communication, CCTV system, Sound Powered Telephone system, Hospital/Trap/Toilet alarm system, Gangway Security system, Vingcard system, Door lock system
- Bridge radar & navigation systems including electronic equipment in lifeboats and tenders;
- Office equipment such as copy machines, printers etc.
- TV broadcast, Satellite TVRO and entertainment Sound & Light systems
- All ships Audio & Video equipment (apartments, crew cabins, public rooms) and interactive TV system (Pronto), Scandisplay Marine Info system, Master Clock system
- Golf equipment incl. simulators
- Supervise and organize the Departments systems and staff during daily operations
- Ordering maintenance and spare parts for the Electronic Departments
- Supervise the administration of company’s AMOS system
- Emergency operator of GMDSS station, maintain and supervise required test of equipment as of SOLAS and all other applicable regulations
- Ensure that TV/Entertainment, Internet communication, telephone always available to all Residents & Guests
- In charge of running TVRO (satellite TV) subscriptions and responsible for providing available TV channels in areas where the vessel will be located
- Diploma from recognized and approved Technical College or institution, in Electronic Engineering with specialization in one or more of the following areas: audio-video electronics, computer-microprocessor system electronics, communication electronics, maritime electronics or similar
- Experience with Maritime electronics systems and environments
- Strong IT background and experience
- Electronic Engineer graduate or equivalent
- Completed GOC-course and relevant GMDSS certificate
- High voltage training
- Relevant STCW2010 courses
- To speak, read and write English fluently
- Shipboard experience preferred
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA – European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).