Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Supervisor
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We believe in our mission and drive for continuous improvement by challenging each other to be better and by measuring and benchmarking against the best. We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for overseeing various accounts payable and accounts receivable processes in an effort to ensure all documentation is entered, coded, properly processed, and paid on time for month end closing.
- Lead automation initiatives related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Lead the Accounts Payable process including entering invoices, posting batches, processing wire payments, ensuring invoices are paid on time and matched to purchase orders when applicable and resolving discrepancies
- Reconciles and confirms completeness of AP aging
- Assist in the Accounts Receivable process by verifying that all payments received are recorded accurately
- Records bookings and processes reservation refunds, payments, commissions and transfers
- Ensure end of month ship uploads are entered into the corporate finance system
- Review and audit Accounts Payable batches and post to the General Ledger
- Responsible for document retention and managing files of financial transactions
- Reconcile monthly credit card transactions
- Prepare daily cash balance report
- Prepared weekly cash position report (inflows/outflows)
- Review outstanding check log for possible abandoned check
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in an accounting department including accounts payable, journal entry preparation and month-end close responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Excellent supervisory skills; and ability to cross train and develop Account Payable Specialist skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products or equivalent (Excel, Word)
- Ability to use multiple software packages that support financial reporting and spreadsheets
- Strong financial preparation and analysis skills including the ability to assemble, analyze, and understand integrated spreadsheets and technical information
- Must be self-motivated, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, possess initiative and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, problem definition and resolution skills, strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent attention to detail; poise and professionalism are required for success
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.