The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The IT Specialist’s primary responsibility is to offer our Resident and Guests technical support with strong knowledge of troubleshooting in all current technologies and wireless devices. The IT Specialist will provide exceptional customer service and be the first point of contact in assisting our Resident and Guests with IT inquiries.
- Exceed Resident and Guest expectations for both IT related technical support service and onboard IPTV systems
- Assist in connecting devices to the shipboard Wi-Fi, assist with logins if required
- Educate Residents and Guests on system processes
- Assist in connecting any peripheral devices in apartments (printers, scanners, cell phones, etc.)
- Assist with in room AV (Audio-visual) system
- Explain to Residents and Guests our shipboard internet usage policy and assist in setting their devices to comply
- Assist Residents and Guests with any mail / SMTP issues they may have after connecting to the onboard network
- Troubleshoot onboard publication through Press Reader.
- Assist Residents and Guests with use of company applications such as the Resident intranet (Navigator)
- Provide training and workshops for Residents and Guests
- Follow up with the AVO (Issue ticket system) or communicate with IT Officer/Electronic Engineer for necessary support
- Proactively research solutions and verify with IT Officer for approval
- Assists management with training and induction of new personnel
- Day-to-day IPTV television electronic program guide data consolidation, entry and verification for the digital television system
- Continuous monitoring of IPTV feed to maintain quality of service on channel lineup, language, and TV program mix selection.
- Uploading and maintaining movie content and additional information on the Video on Demand system
- Daily monitor the satellite feed & troubleshooting TVRO.
- Monitor TV/Radio channels EPG and audio/video quality.
- Research and plan for TV channel subscriptions as per the itinerary.
- Research and plan for sporting and special event as per the Residents preferences
- Maintain IPTV systems and report error that requires external assistance.
- Change receivers and TV channel as per the satellite footprint.
- Inform the community through the Program Manager about major TV channel coverage changes.
- Update upcoming ports for weather system of IPTV.
- Update Electronic Program Guide for the TV channels.
- Upload and quality check of VOD content, including First Run features and DVD library.
- Follows the direction of the Program Manager regarding the content and quality of the TV channels and the VOD
- Update any technical difficulties with physical side of antenna to Electronics Engineer.
- Support Electronic Engineer with any IPTV issues around the Ship.
- Ability to trouble-shoot technical problems.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in IT Assistant/Support role or similar.
- Strong knowledge in troubleshooting most connection issues
- Experience in resolving network connectivity, email systems (MS Exchange, POP/SMTP, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows/iOS operating systems and most general applications installed.
- Required knowledge of the specific programs: Windows OS; Latest Apple OS iPad / iPhone features; Email Client settings for Outlook / Mail /Firefox; Microsoft Office Professional 2013 (Word,
- Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); Wireless security & connectivity; PC & Mac System hardware troubleshooting; Printer / Scanner troubleshooting / setup; Knowledge of Antivirus & Spyware /
- Malware applications and administration
- Preferable knowledge of the following devices: End user desktop (PC and MAC), Hand held devices, Electronic AV systems, IPTV Systems, Telephone systems
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent immediate issue resolution skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to interact on a social and professional level with luxury clientele
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA – European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).