Assistant Housekeeper – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Assistant Housekeeper’s primary responsibility is to support the Executive Housekeeper in all duties of the Housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the ship. The Assistant Housekeeper must be detail oriented, have strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate with Residents, Guests, colleagues and subordinates.
- Exceed Resident and Guests in all aspects of Housekeeping service
- Responsible for overall cleanliness of the ship
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are in place and being followed for all Housekeeping areas
- Complete daily walk-through of the Residences, crew cabins, all public and crew areas, lockers, pantries, Tailor, linen and Laundry areas with the Executive Housekeeper
- Ensure Housekeeping management is consistently communicating and interacting with Residents and Guests
- Conduct weekly Public Health inspections of all areas with the Housekeeping management team
- Ensure all preferences are acknowledged and prepared for and all special requests are accommodated
- Checks all arrival rooms to ensure they are in line with LQA standards
- Receive calls for Housekeeping and follow up on Resident and Guest requests and reports matters to Executive Housekeeper daily
- Lead by example utilizing a “hands-on” approach to management
- Regularly meet with the team to discuss objectives, observations, progress, results achieved and upcoming ports and events
- Ensure continuous operational training is provided to the team on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all Housekeeping personnel are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Assistant Executive Housekeeper/Assistant Housekeeper on a large ultra-luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra-luxury Hotel or Resort
- BA/BS 3-4-year degree or foreign equivalency
- Must be able to efficiently assist in managing a team comprised of more than 50 Housekeeping personnel
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English, additional languages preferred
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.