The World, Residences at Sea, is the finest private mega yacht at sea. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Chief Refrigeration Engineer’s primary responsibility is the operation and maintenance of the ship’s HVAC equipment and system, domestic refrigeration plant, technical space ventilation and any other task as directed by the Staff Chief Engineer or Chief Engineer. This role is responsible of a team of two people and is on a 10-week rotation, in addition to offering an attractive salary package on board a luxury ship.
- Responsible for the main Chilled Water, HVAC plant and automation, ensuring correct and optimized energy efficient operation, whilst maintaining the required Ship board environment
- In charge of the Provisions Central Plant (condensing units, Cold/Freezer Rooms & remotes) and automation ensuring correct, optimized and energy efficient operation
- In charge of all self-contained refrigerators, freezers, draught beer installations, air conditioning units and humidifiers around the vessel
- Maintenance and conditional reporting of Air intake Plenums, ducts, silencers, UV sterilization equipment, fan rooms and condensate systems
- Ensure that the operation of equipment and plant is compliant with the required flag state, port state, public health and machinery specific requirements
- In charge of budgeting, planning, execution and reporting of mechanical and electrical maintenance carried out on the HVAC&R systems on board in accordance with the AMOS maintenance system and as directed by the Chief Engineer
- Ensure that Amos Database remains continually updated with component changes and new installations
- Responsible for annual HVAC&R M&R, CAPEX and Capital plan budget planning, purchases, budget control, maintaining sensible stock levels, stock counts and auditing
- Responsible for all aspects of HVAC&R refit/Dry dock/repair specifications, Risk Assessments, work permits, preparation, job execution and reporting. This includes any required parts, equipment and sourcing of suitably qualified contractors (when applicable). Work is to be supervised and signed off on by Chief Refrigeration Engineer.
- Responsible for HVAC&R related apartment/public rooms/galley refurbishments including system design, procurement of materials, installation (or contractor selection), commissioning, final sign off and reporting
- Must be capable, qualified and comfortable to work as a HVAC&R fitter during project periods, low manning or high workload situations. Flexibility and team work are key elements on board
- Formal refrigeration apprenticeship, have sailed as an equally ranked Marine Refrigeration Officer for at least two years, or been employed as a shore based Service Manager for a minimum of one year
- Shore side installation and service experience essential
- Previous experience on existing ships equipment preferred
- Previous installation experience in the industrial, commercial and marine fields preferred
- Previous knowledge of Marine Electrical systems preferred
- AMOS Maintenance history, spare parts and purchasing routines
- USPH Public health standards knowledge required
- F-Gas Category 1 certified: Certified on first joining of Vessel or must obtain a City & guilds 2079 Category 1 F-Gas certification within the 90-day probationary period or before re-joining the vessel
- Position-specific STCW 2010 required courses to work onboard a passenger vessel
- Ability to clearly solve problems by being able to separate contributory issues in determination of a root cause and to implement a corrective action to prevent re-occurrence
- Be proactive and anticipate weak areas of the operation in need of further attention and focus on identification, plan and goal for long term success of the operation
- Must be willing to attend vessel dry-docks and cover additional positions when needed
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World, we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA – European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).