The Demi- Chef de Rang’s primary responsibility is to service an assigned station in restaurants, In-Residence Dining, special events or beach BBQs, ensuring Residents and Guests are consistently provided with courteous, engaging, prompt and efficient service. The Demi- Chef de Rang ensures excellence in the execution of The World’s luxury dining service standards in relation to all Residents and Guests satisfaction goals.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Exceed Residents’ and Guests’ expectations in every aspect of personalized, quality, luxury, engaging and bench mark service deliveries in his assigned areas.
- Execute table services with perfection as per Standard Operation Procedures for all restaurants at all times
- Ensure mise-en-place of stations are ready before and mise-en-place is completed after service.
- Responsible to check the tables, chairs, floors, Music, waiter stations mise en place, menus and POS terminals in the restaurants prior to the service.
- Assist Management in opening and closing duties of the restaurants
- Remain fully knowledgeable of all restaurants menus, dishes preparation and their brief history
- Communicate all Residents and Guests special requests and dietary requirements with Assistant Restaurant Managers and make an LMO as required.
- Welcoming the guests with a smile, address them by their last name, seating, engaging, recommending the specials, knowing personal preferences and felt but not seen service standards is a must for Demi- Chef de Rang in his assigned areas.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience on a luxury cruise ship, fine dining restaurants, private club, boutique hotel, luxury hotel or resort
- A Diploma in Hotel Management or Restaurant Management for 11/2 years is preferred
- Working knowledge on point of sales systems (Infogenesis), inventory management systems (MMS) and computerized reservation systems (Avenista) is preferred
- Excellent eye for attention to details essential
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish) preferred
- Good computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to live in close quarters and share limited cabin space with others
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in challenging situations
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to handle stress and to work under pressure in a dynamic environment