Marine Coordinator – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately-owned residential yacht on earth. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The primary responsibility of the Marine Coordinator is to provide compliance and administrative support to the Marine & Technical Departments.
- Conduct daily administrative duties for the Marine & Technical Team
- Ensure all Marine & Technical Officers licenses and endorsements and certificate of competence for Ratings are compliant and up to date
- Obtain, file and maintain copies of required STCW certificates for all crew members
- Responsible to provide all crew members with required information regarding renewals, including mandatory STCW trainings
- Maintain the ship’s certificates, Port State Control (PSC) and Public Health (PH) inspection reports
- Be available during PSC and PH inspections to present any documentation or answer questions from the authorities
- Administer the vacation schedule for Marine & Technical departments
- Manage cabin assignments for the Marine & Technical departments
- Organize, prepare and set up calendar reminders and postings for meetings and inspections as required
- Take, distribute and archive minutes of weekly Management Meeting, Technical, Safety & Environmental Committee meetings and other meetings as required
- Participate, take notes, update and upkeep logs for Captain’s Inspection, PH Inspection, and any others as required
- Take notes during the Annual Drill
- Assist the Environmental Engineer in keeping the MSDS master files up to date
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Marine Coordinator, Safety Coordinator, Captain’s Assistant/Secretary on an international passenger vessel
- STCW, Marine & Technical Certification, BMA requirements knowledge required
- Extremely strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong proficiency in spreadsheet administration, reconciliation and minuting meetings
- Outstanding English oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the AMOS planned maintenance system is a plus
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.