The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Operations Specialist provides high-level administrative support to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and Sr Director, Hotel Operations. They are responsible for hotel project support, including scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, updating files/documents, research and inter-departmental coordination involving multiple time zones.
- Provide operational support for COO and Sr Director, Hotel Operations, including maintenance of calendars in coordination with other staff.
- Responsible for the administrative support of the Hotel department including scheduling meetings and preparing written communications including generating meeting minutes, compiling weekly/monthly reports, visitors lists, reports, correspondence, forms, and operating procedures.
- Write letters, agendas, prepare mailings, and produce materials needed by the Hotel department.
- Administrator of internal website for the Hotel Department, responsible for uploading related departmental and Resident-focused information, ensuring compliancy with format and presentation, and grammatical accuracy
- Assists the Sr Director, Hotel Operations in the construction and maintenance of all Operations Manuals
- Responsible for maintaining all Hotel Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including ensuring the index is updated
- Create itineraries, make travel arrangements and complete reimbursement forms for COO and Sr Director, Hotel Operations
- Responsible for office inventory and supplies; maintain stock of office supplies. Processes internal and external mail, packages and deliveries.
- Performs other duties as requested by the COO or Sr Director, Hotel Operations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in operations, processes and project management
- BA/BS 4 year degree or foreign equivalency, preferably in Hospitality Management
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Must have superior command of the English language, both verbal & written
- Must be able to travel based on job demands and requirements
- Proficient in MS office to include, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.