The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We believe in our mission and drive for continuous improvement by challenging each other to be better and by measuring and benchmarking against the best. We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
The Operations Specialist provides high-level administrative and analytical support to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and Operations department. Responsible for hotel project support, including scheduling meetings, updating and analysis of departmental files/documents including financial and survey/statistical research, and inter-departmental coordination involving multiple time zones. Administrator for the Operations department of the company’s internal website. Provides general administrative assistance to include recording and updating meeting minutes, expense reports, travel arrangements, spreadsheet work, and presentation preparation.
- Provide operational support for COO and Operations department, including maintenance of calendars in coordination with other staff.
- Responsible for the administrative support of the Hotel department including scheduling meetings and preparing written communications including generating meeting minutes, compiling weekly/monthly reports, visitors lists, reports, correspondence, forms, and operating procedures.
- Administrator of internal website (Navigator) for the Operations department, including Programs and Destination Services; responsible for uploading related departmental and Resident-focused information, ensuring compliancy with format and presentation, and grammatical accuracy
- Assists the Sr Director, Hotel Operations in the construction and maintenance of all Operations Manuals
- Responsible for maintaining all Hotel Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including ensuring the index is updated
- Create itineraries, make travel arrangements, and complete reimbursement forms for COO and Operations department, as required
- Assist with research and coordination of multiple projects that vary in nature (e.g. Capital, Operational, Enrichment/Program, Dry Dock, Resident Surveys, Resident Committee, and other various special projects)
- Provide analytical support for financial reports, surveys, programming, expeditions, and other related areas, as required
- Supports the Operations department with budget oversight and preparation for monthly financial review, as directed
- Supports the Program and Destination Services teams with research and administrative tasks
- Handles set up for Hotel Operations Conference Calls with the ship. Compiles agenda and generates meeting minutes as required.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Department Heads, including Shipboard Management
- Responsible for office inventory and supplies; maintain stock of office supplies. Processes internal and external mail, packages and deliveries.
- Write letters, agendas, prepare mailings, and produce materials needed by the Hotel department.
- Performs other duties as requested by the COO
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in operations, processes, analytics and project management
- BA/BS 4 year degree or foreign equivalency, preferably in Hospitality Management
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Must have superior command of the English language, both verbal & written
- Experience with website content management
- Must be able to travel based on job demands and requirements
- Proficient in MS office to include, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.