Physical Therapist – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do. We live and work on a one-of-a-kind luxury yacht that sails continuously around the world. Every few days you will wake to an exciting new port of call. It’s the ultimate way to work and travel all in one.
The Physical Therapist’s primary responsibility is to provide cutting edge biomedical Physiotherapy sessions to individual Residents / Guests including assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, hydrotherapy and supervised exercise.
- Provide cutting edge biomedical Physiotherapy sessions to individual Residents / Guests including assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, hydrotherapy and supervised exercise.
- Create personalized exercise programs for Residents / Guests as required
- Provide small group classes / sessions for rehabilitation / injury prevention / education
- Document all medical findings and treatment administered
- Promote health, wellness, physical activity and the Physiotherapy Program to Residents / Guests
- Liaise with the Doctor regarding management of Residents / Guests onboard and the referral of Residents / Guests to shore-based services
- Uphold conduct fitting for a medical professional in both crew and public areas, always adhering to avowed medical oaths
- Actively communicate with, educate and direct the multidisciplinary wellness team including acupuncturist, massage therapists and fitness instructors, ensuring that treatment is tailored towards shared goals so that the best possible outcomes are achieved
- Maintain a close relationship with the Fitness Center, The World Concierge and Enrichment departments
- Fulfill onboard safety duties as required, acting with professionalism and integrity as a member of the onboard stretcher team or in any other assigned capacity
- Be familiar with the Safety Management System and have a full understanding of his/her responsibilities in the Safety Organization as per the Emergency Plan
- Abide by the code of conduct
- Continue own education by staying abreast of trends and sharing this information with the team.
- Ensure that all working hours, including overtime, have been recorded accurately and truthfully on his/her timesheet for each time period worked
- Ensures he/she is productive at all times and assists in decreasing overtime by informing management when Crew Members are not needed in assigned area during down times
- Additional duties as needed such as Ship tours, zodiac landings, Marina days, Expeditions, and other activities when required.
- Proficiency and extensive experience in the assessment of and manual therapy treatment of common neuro-musculoskeletal conditions.
- Knowledge of geriatric physiotherapy.
- Proficiency in the use of basic electrotherapy modalities.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary medical team.
- Experience in rehabilitation.
- Is able to read, write and speak fluently in English and does so at all times while on duty, in public areas, on tenders and shuttle buses.
- Post-graduate training in manual therapy and / or sports therapy.
- Experience in both Geriatric therapy and hydrotherapy.
- Good computer skills to include creating and working with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using exercise software, and educational anatomy / pathology software.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary health and wellness team, including working with fitness instructors, massage therapists and acupuncturist.
- Trained in operation of the LiteCure level IV LASER
- One or more additional language preferred
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. Our team members are afforded comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, facilities including a fitness center, state- of- the- art bicycles, crew bar, outside sun / seating deck, and a variety of crew enrichment activities. In addition, we have the most generous Tuition Reimbursement Program in the industry.
At The World we are one team, always passionate and caring and supporting one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA – European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).