Physical Therapist – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the finest private mega yacht at sea. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Physical Therapist provides on board Physiotherapy services for all Residents and Guests. Building upon experience and a passion for results, the Physical Therapist will plan and execute rehabilitative programs to meet the needs of our community.
- Provide cutting edge biomedical Physiotherapy sessions to individual Residents & Guests including assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, hydrotherapy and supervised exercise.
- Create personalized exercise programs for Residents & Guests as required
- Provide small group classes / sessions for rehabilitation / injury prevention / education
- Promote health, wellness, physical activity and the Physiotherapy Program to Residents & Guests
- Liaise with the Doctor regarding management of Residents / Guests onboard and the referral of Residents & Guests to shore-based services
- Actively communicate, collaborate and educate massage therapists and fitness instructors, ensuring that treatment is tailored towards shared goals so that the best possible outcomes are achieved
- Minimum of 4 years experience in physiotherapy in a variety of different clinical settings and be adept in neuro-musculoskeletal treatments
- Hold at least a 4 year degree in Physiotherapy (or foreign equivalency)
- Proficiency and extensive experience in the assessment of and manual therapy treatment of common neuro-musculoskeletal conditions
- Knowledge of geriatric physiotherapy
- Proficiency in the use of basic electrotherapy modalities
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary medical team.
- Experience in rehabilitation.
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.