Relief Crew Officer/HR Coordinator – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the finest private mega yacht at sea. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The HR Coordinator / Crew Officer Relief is a unique role on board and has the responsibility of relieving each of both positions while they will be on vacation during a 4-month contract.
Are you a PAYROLL WIZZ that’s admin orientated and likes arranging CREW ACTIVITIES? If so, read on…
The Crew Officer’s primary responsibility is the general crew administration, which includes payroll, administration of crew files, crew berthing, crew documentation as well as sign-ons and sign-offs. This role is also responsible for performing the task of Crew clearance according to the specific port requirements and overall maintains the responsibility for the daily Crew Office operations.
- Administer the onboard payroll system:
- Administer all aspects of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Supervise the Crew embarking and debarking process, including but not limited to flights, transfers, accommodation and lost luggage
- Responsible for informing eligible Officers of their Medical and Retirement benefits and to submit application of next ashore directly to MHG
- Inform embarking Crew of relevant information such as Code of Conduct, Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), Health Insurance and Retirement Plan
- Responsible for communicating flight details to all sign-off Crew as well as arranging transfers to airports and booking hotels where applicable
- Responsible for Crew clearance, ensuring all documents are ready for inspection by local Immigration Officials; communicate any important Crew Clearance matters to Clearance Officer
The HR Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to assist the HR Manager, Crew Officer, Training Manager and Manager, Learning and Development in all administration tasks as directed by them. The role is also responsible for arranging and assisting in the development of a range of entertainment activities for the Crew onboard.
- Maintain an updated Vacation Schedule in HRIS for all departments
- Obtain flight quotes from the Travel Agency
- Collect and file pertinent Crew Member documentation including Policy Acknowledgements forms
- Organize and maintain personnel records for Crew passports and Seaman’s books; assist Crew to apply for a Bahamian Seaman’s Book where applicable; report issues to HR Manager
- Assist Crew Officer with Crew embarkation and disembarkation, transfers and clearance procedures
- Organize and promote Crew tours, events, parties, Educational tours, Sporting events and Competitions, taking photographs of events when needed; organize mass service when required
- Organize Crew Shuttle buses when required
- Coordinate the organization of Crew Parties and events which includes, but not limited to, ordering food and beverage (F&B), assist with decorating venues when needed, coordinating pick-up and delivery of F&B, arranging cleaning after parties
- Assist the Crew Enrichment Committee to buy party decoration and other local items as approved by HR Manager
- Prepare vouchers for expenses (pre-approved by the HR Manager) for the Crew Enrichment Fund Float
- Organize the monthly Crew Bingo
- Coordinate Night Crew Party
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience on a luxury cruise ship, in a private country club or similar, luxury hotel or resort
- Diploma in Human Resources Management, Finance or related field preferred
- Previous experience as Crew Officer, Crew Purser, Crew Welfare Assistant, and/or HR Admin/Coordinator required
- Financial / accounting background required
- Previous experience in administering payroll required
- Excellent computer skills to include MS Office, Outlook and HRIS (Fidelio, Adonis, etc.)
- Excellent planning, organizational and administrative skills required
- Great attention to detail and high degree of accuracy required
- High level of creativity and ability to host Crew Events required
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to remain courteous and calm even in challenging situations
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish) preferred
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World, we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA – European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).