Relief Executive Pastry Chef – Luxury Residential Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the finest private mega yacht at sea. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Relief Executive Pastry Chef primarily manages the Pastry operation in the Galley while leading its team to produce consistent high quality desserts within the set budget during the leave periods of the Executive Pastry Chef. This position is responsible to produce desserts according to the preferences of the Residents while bringing the destination alive which may involve incorporating locally sourced ingredients into the production.
- Ensure that the company’s standards are maintained in all areas including, but not limited to:
- Manage the Pastry operation as well as its staff
- Ensure that all established recipes are posted and that Pastry personnel adhere to them at all times
- Taste all pastry items to ensure correct preparation
- Create menus based on Residents’ preferences
- Train the Pastry team on the principles and formulas concerning starches, fats, sugars, liquids, eggs and flavorings
- Continually reference the F&B events calendar to ensure proper planning in all pastry operation
- Review all Pastry requisitions and Pastry purchase orders before submitting to the Executive Sous Chef for approval
- Assist with the development and maintenance of appropriate par stocks for pastry products and equipment based on current needs and upcoming functions
- Communicate with the Executive Sous Chef regarding Pastry related matters
- Complete daily walk-through with the Executive Sous Chef
- Ensure that quality products are offered in the Crew messes
- Participate in cooking demo as and when required
- Coach, develop and mentor direct reports; participate in the recruitment and selection of staff, develop a succession plan for key positions, minimize staff turnover; support onboard Training Programs through direct participation
- Develop, manage and adhere to the hotel operating and revenue budgets; contribute to the Ship’s 10-year financial plan, submit monthly financial reviews and forecasts
- Place orders according to the provisioning schedule and based on budgetary guidelines; maintain par stock levels; minimize waste and breakage
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience on a luxury cruise ship, in a private country club or similar, luxury hotel or resort
- Degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred
- Advanced Certification in Sanitation and Public Health essential
- Strong knowledge of classic and contemporary plated desserts including but not limited to: European, America, Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern
- Comprehensive knowledge of formulas and measurements including gluten development and staling; starches, fats, sugars, liquids, eggs, eavening agents, salt, and flavorings; dough types and techniques, petits fours, mignardises and wedding cakes
- Ability to create artistic pieces with chocolate, sugar, pastillage and marzipan
- Experience implementing new food concepts and menus
- Experience with modern banquet operations and presentations
- Strong public speaking skills and demonstration skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of point of sales systems, inventory management systems, Fidelio and computerized reservation systems
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish) preferred
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. Our team members are afforded comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, facilities including a fitness center, state- of- the- art bicycles, crew bar, outside sun / seating deck, and a variety of crew enrichment activities. In addition, we have the most generous Tuition Reimbursement Program in the industry.
At The World we are one team, always passionate and caring and supporting one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA – European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).