The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We believe in our mission and drive for continuous improvement by challenging each other to be better and by measuring and benchmarking against the best. We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
The Senior Financial Analyst/Accountant is responsible for various tasks that include accounting, month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, financial analysis, forecast and budget updates and tracking of capital assets. Additional responsibilities include accurate managing and tracking of all financial transactions related to dry dock operations.
- Assist in month-end closing activities within the required timeframe
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and enter general journal entries as required; resolve any account discrepancies
- Track and record all capital expenditures by project, including Dry-dock expenses, and monitor and update fixed assets system. Analyze and report results of spending versus the Capital Plan or Forecast.
- Review contract obligations to ensure all contract invoices have been received, processed and accounted for appropriately
- Work closely with Shipboard personnel to track and record monthly consumption of inventory; reconcile all inventory accounts
- Work with the Destination Services Department to record all tour revenues and costs monthly. Analyze and report results versus the budget and forecast.
- Review vendor activity to ensure all monthly invoices have been received and processed; record any required month end accruals
- Assist in preparation and analysis of Company financial statements monthly and report on variances versus budget and forecast
- Oversee and account for all Inventory (Food & Beverage and Deck & Engine) related areas.
- Work with the Ports Department to record and reconcile all port related prepaid expenses and accrued expenses.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist in the preparation of annual company budget and quarterly forecast for assigned areas.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Minimum 3 – 4 years of experience working in the Accounting or Auditing field
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- Experience with account reconciliations, preparing journal entries, and completing month-end close responsibilities
- Resort or Cruise Industry experience a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups and advanced excel formulas
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics GP a plus, with the ability to use multiple software packages that support the system; knowledge of Fidelio and AMOS preferred
- Strong financial preparation and analysis skills including the ability to assemble, analyze, and understand integrated spreadsheets and technical information
- Must be self-motivated, possess initiative and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, problem definition and resolution skills, strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision to get assigned tasks completed
- Must be flexible to work extended hours and may require some travel
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.