The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do. We live and work on a one-of-a-kind luxury yacht that sails continuously around the world. Every few days you will wake to an exciting new port of call. It’s the ultimate way to work and travel all in one.
The Ship’s Doctor has overall responsibility for the on-board Medical Facility. They are responsible to manage all on board medical services and matters related to health and hygiene and provide general and emergency medical care to our Residents, Guests and Crewmembers.
- The Doctor will be available 24 hours per day for emergencies and will also provide non -urgent treatment to Residents, Guests and Crew during Medical Center hours.
- Dispense and prescribe appropriate medications upon clinical assessment and ensure that medication is dispensed in a safe and accurate manner.
- Ensure the ship is in compliance with USPH and other countries national Public Health regulations and reporting systems.
- Ensure that all medical logs and other documentation are properly maintained.
- Ensure that crew receive the proper medical related training, PPE, first aid etc.
- Perform minor surgical procedures as appropriate i.e. sutures etc.
- Make referrals for shore-side medical follow-up for Residents, Guests and Crewmembers.
- Responsible to make informed decisions in the event of the need for medical emergency evacuation of a Resident, Guest or Crewmember.
- Ensure that all Residents, Guests and Crew Members are treated confidentially.
- Recommend medical debarkations for crew and ensure Crew Members are placed off duty and isolated when appropriate.
- Accompany shipboard management on inspection rounds, as directed by the Staff Captain.
- Responsible for inventory management and reconciliation of stocks in the Medical Center.
- Keep all Medical equipment maintained (calibrated and tested) as per AMOS and manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Current National or International medical license in General Medicine or General Practice
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: Emergency Medicine, Critical/Intensive care, Family Medicine, Cardiology, Anesthetics, Remote Medicine
- Experience as a Doctor on a small luxury cruise ship or Expedition ship highly preferred
- Current ACLS, PALS and ATLS certification
- Experience using AMOS
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. Our positions on board are afforded comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, facilities including a fitness center, state- of- the- art bicycles, crew bar, outside sun / seating deck, and a variety of crew enrichment activities. In addition, we have the most generous Tuition Reimbursement Program in the industry.
At The World we are one team, always passionate and caring and supporting one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.