The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Senior 2nd Engineer (SR 2nd Engineer) position is a Watchkeeping Engineer in charge/ supervises the Watchkeeping team.
- Responsible for administrative SMS/SOP compliance for all records/logs and assorted Logbooks kept in the ECR
- SR 2nd Engineer is the Engine Control Room Manager and must work as a Mentor for the Junior Engineers, Watch Keepers
- Have knowledge of, and practice, Engine Room Management (EMR) techniques
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all Engine Room Plant whilst on watch and that watchkeeping rounds of the machinery spaces are made regularly
- Responsible for environmental compliance of plant operations whilst on watch, and upkeep of associated environmental administrative work. (Oil Record Book, Treated Waterlog, Engine Logbook and etc.)
- Routines and work descriptions as listed in the Planned Maintenance System (AMOS) and any additional duties as directed by the 1st Engineer Engine and/or Staff Chief Engineer
- Minimum of STCW III/2 (Motor) Chief Engineer Unlimited Certificate of Competency
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as Engineer Officer in Charge of the Watch
- Experience from Cruise/Passenger Ship(s) as an Engineer Officer is required
- Experience from Offshore, Ferry’s and/or Cargo ships is also beneficial
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.