The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We believe in our mission and drive for continuous improvement by challenging each other to be better and by measuring and benchmarking against the best. We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for various tasks that include accounting, month end close, and balance sheet reconciliations over various accounts.
- Responsible for monthly recording all required journal entries across operating accounts (Accruals, Amortizations, Reclasses, Reversing entries, etc.)
- Preparation of multiple balance sheet reconciliations, resolving discrepancies and making adjusting entries.
- Review contract obligations to ensure all contract invoices have been received, processed and accounted for appropriately
- Work closely with Shipboard personnel to track and record monthly consumption of inventory
- Reconcile all inventory accounts
- Record, analyze and reconcile monthly tour revenues and expenses
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Record ship payroll on a bi-monthly basis
- Prepare month-end payroll wires for the ship
- Assist in external/internal audit
- Perform any other accounting or financial analysis duties assigned
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of experience working in the Finance and Accounting/ Auditing field
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required; CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting, and full cycle accounting.
- Resort or Cruise Industry experience a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups and advanced excel formulas
- Knowledge of Dynamics GP a plus, with the ability to use multiple software packages that support the system; knowledge of Fidelio and AMOS preferred
- Strong financial preparation and analysis skills including the ability to assemble, analyze, and understand integrated spreadsheets and technical information
- Must be self-motivated, possess initiative and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, problem definition and resolution skills, strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours and travel for periods of up to 2 weeks twice a year, except for Dry-dock years, when travel for a period of up to 4 weeks may be required
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.