Steward/ess – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do. We live and work on a one-of-a-kind luxury yacht that sails continuously around the world. Every few days you will wake to an exciting new port of call. It’s the ultimate way to work and travel all in one.
- Exceed Residents’ and Guests’ (R&G) expectations in every aspect of personalized, quality, luxury, service
- Actively support the goals and objectives for the department and implement new policies and company initiatives as assigned
- Maintain a positive working relationship with colleagues to ensure a team orientated atmosphere
- Ensure all working hours, including overtime, have been recorded accurately for each time period worked
- Ensure all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health, Safety Management System (SMS) and Safety & Environmental regulations; execute policies and procedures as appropriate to the position; execute safety duties as per the Emergency Plan and Station Bill
- Know, apply and consistently maintain “The World Standards of Excellence” for the Housekeeping operations
- Report promptly maintenance issues observed in the apartments and working corridors
- Participate in disembarkation, turnaround and embarkation duties, welcome R&G and provide a personalized introduction to facilities and amenities, provides evening turn down service as per Resident preference, manages requests such as packing/unpacking, tailor services, shoe polishing, collection and delivery of laundry
- Meticulously ensure apartments, balconies, corridors, landings, lockers and trollies are set up, cleaned, sanitized and maintained in immaculate condition and according to SOPs and personal preferences
- Provide efficient cleaning and sanitation of assigned areas according to Public Health regulations.
- Responsible for polishing of silverware and correct garbage separation and disposal
- Prioritize and follow up on all R&G requests, ensuring Housekeeping Management are also advised; safeguard and respect the privacy of Residents without exception
- Acknowledge Resident Preferences and ensure changes are communicated to Housekeeping Management and colleagues; update Preference Central
- Distribute onboard publications to Residences as per Resident preferences; ensure Compendium, In Residence Directory and other literature is up to date and in excellent condition
- Report lost and found items to Housekeeping Management and deliver to reception; responsible for the security of his/her assigned master key while on duty
- Conduct regular inventories, minimizing waste and breakage; conduct quality control checks to ensure the highest standards are maintained
- Collect linens, towels, robes and amenities for apartments; return soiled items to the laundry; conduct quality control checks to ensure the highest quality is maintained. Fold towels, maintain par levels of stock in lockers/trollies
- Assist with welcoming, onboarding, orientating and training of new colleagues
- In order to consistently exceed Residents and Guests expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience as a Steward/Stewardess, Room Attendant or similar position with a luxury cruise ship, private club, boutique hotel, luxury hotel or resort
- Previous ship experience preferred
- High School Diploma or Degree within the Hospitality or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of point of sales systems, inventory management systems, Fidelio and computerized reservation systems
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish) preferred, not required
- Ability to live in close quarters and share limited cabin space with others
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in challenging situations
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. Our team members are afforded comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, facilities including a fitness center, state- of- the- art bicycles, crew bar, outside sun / seating deck, and a variety of crew enrichment activities. In addition, we have the most generous Tuition Reimbursement Program in the industry.
At The World we are one team, always passionate and caring and supporting one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA – European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).